Studyspanish.com 1. Student Registration
The first step is to register as a student. Please follow these instructions.
Registering as a Student
- Go to our home page: http://www.studyspanish.com/
- Click on the link “Get a Free Membership.”
- Enter your Email address.
- Click “Become a Member.”
Confirming Your Registration
- Check your Email for our message.
- Write down the password that’s in our message.
- Go to: http://www.studyspanish.com/forms/confirm.htm
- Enter your Email Address.
- Enter your Password.
- Click “Confirm.”
- Enter your First Name.
- Enter your Last Name.
- Check the box for newsletters (optional).
- Teacher ID: leave blank for now.
- Click “Activate Your Free Account.”
2. Change Your Student Password
Now that you are registered as a student, let’s change your password to something easy to remember.
Go to Your Student “Welcome” Page
- Click the “My Account” link at the top of the page.
- Select “My Student Account.”
- If you are not already logged on, you will need to do so now.
You should now be at the student “welcome” page.
Change Your Password
- Click the “Change Password” link.
- Enter your current password again.
- Click the “Continue” button.
- Change your password to something easy to remember (5-8 characters).
- Click the “Update My Profile” button.
- Check the information.
- Click the “Confirm Profile Update” button.
3. Take a Quiz and Record Your Grade
Now that you are registered as a student and you have changed your password to something easy to remember, it’s time to take a quiz and a test, and record your grades.
Log On (if not already logged on)
- Click the “Log On – Log Off” link at the top right of the page.
- Select “Student Log On.”
- Enter your Email address and Password.
- Click the button to log on.
Go to a Grammar Lesson
- Click “Grammar” in the main menu bar.
- Select “Gender of Nouns” from the list on the left sidebar.
- Study the lesson.
Go to a Grammar Quiz
- Scroll to the top of the grammar lesson.
- Click on “Basic Quiz” in the left sidebar.
- Answer the questions, but:
- Be sure to answer at least one question incorrectly.
- Be sure to not answer at least one question.
- Click the “Submit” button.
Correct Your Answers
- Go back.
- Correct your answers.
- Click the “Submit” button again.
Record Your Grade
- Click the “Record My Score” button.
- Click the “That’s Me! Record My Score!” button.
At this point, you will see the “Progress Recorded” message, along with a button to “View Report Card.” Go ahead and click that button now. Later, you will learn a different method for viewing your Report Card.
Notice that you are only allowed to record a quiz grade after you have answered all questions correctly. Thus, the only possible grades for quizzes are “complete” and “incomplete.”
As you will see in the next section, that is not the case with tests. With tests, the student earns an actual percentage score.